Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bad ride home from Bootcamp

The Acts 29 Chicago Bootcamp went really well, but my ride home just sucked. I left Chicago at 2pm, and got home at 10pm...yeah, 8 hours. The weather was terrible (most of Illinois is getting covered with 6-12 inches of snow). I got stuck for 45 minutes on the 55 south exit of off 294. But the worst of it was when I got to Bloomington, a mere hour away from home, I hit a patch of ice, fish tailed all over the highway, and crashed into the concrete wall (on a bridge no less). Here's what my Blazer looks like:

My only thought as I was spinning around was that I didn't want to hit too hard and flip over the wall. And had I hit another 20 or so feet further down the road, I would have hit a metal barrier, smashed through that and would have been down in the hill in a ditch. All in all, my truck got the worst of it. My neck and back are a little sore. Major thanks to my buddy Scott for coming and fetching me and bringing me home to my family.

1 comment:

LadyT said...

We are ALL so blessed that God saw fit to keep you safe Ryan! God still has plans to use you : ) LOL

Tia