Friday, December 01, 2006

Lighten Up

OK, I've realized that the last couple of posts have been a little on the heavy side. And with the big ice/snow storm that came through Springfield last night and the damage it brought with it, I thought I'd just bring a little levity into the picture. So I began to think of things that I really like (I told you this was light). So here you go. Feel free to add your own list in the comments.

Favorite Sports Team: Chicago Bears

Favorite Athlete: Walter Payton

Favorite Pizza (Restaurant): Gino's East in Chicago

Favorite Pizza (store bought): Home Run Inn

Favorite Movie (Trilogy): Original Star Wars (when 'Star Wars' first came on HBO when I was a kid, I watched it 27 times in one month)

Favorite Food: (Tie) Babyback Ribs & BBQ Chicken Wings

Favorite Drink: hmmm...as far as pop goes, Wild Cherry Pepsi; other than that, a Black & Tan

Favorite Vacation Spot: Charleston, South Carolina (my birthplace!)

Favorite Band: U2

Favorite Coffee Place: Caribou Coffee (but a close second in Panera Bread since there's no Caribou's in Springfield, plus they have free refills...which in one sense doesn't matter because I've had to give up coffee for a while, so now I drink their Hot Green Tea with Honey)

Favorite Car: I really dig the Chrysler 300M and the new Dodge Charger

Favorite Website: Probaby my Fantasy Football league on Yahoo!, other than that, ESPN.com

Favorite Read: Now this is tough...the Bible is the default #1, but other than that, I like Michael Crichton novels and whatever is meeting my particular sermon need at the time...would it also be bad if I mentioned Harry Potter?

Favorite Pastor/Speaker to listen to: Ravi Zacharias is brilliant

Favorite Book of the Bible: Ephesians, hands down

Favorite Passage: Romans 12:1-2

Favorite Bible Character: (tie) David & Paul

Favorite Place in Springfield: either Washington Park or Big R (tongue firmly in cheek)

Favorite Place to Eat in Springfield: Holy Land Diner (thanks, Dave!)

Favorite Abe Lincoln Attraction in Springfield: I keep meaning to check one out...honest

Favorite Christmas Song: "Blue Christmas" by Elvis

Favorite Christmas Album: Harry Connick Jr.

Favorite Christmas Tradition: Cooking breakfast for my family

Favorite Christmas "Thing" in General: Seeing my kids unbelievably excited for their presents on Christmas morning

I should stop now. I am spending way too much time on this. It's reminding me of my youth ministry days when every year we would take a trip to either Six Flags or Cedar Point and while we were waiting in line for 3 hours for a 45 second ride, we would just list crap off like all day long. Praise God for church planting.

Stay warm, relax, and be thankful for the favorite things in your life...and spend time doing some of them.

Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey digging the site.....cant wait to come out to the new church......i miss you and the family, oh yeah HI!!!